The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections inSouthern Africa.
We invite applications for a 1 year contract post as the Sports & Recreation Co-ordinator at the Youth Centre in Masiphumelele
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Recreation Co-ordinator is responsible for planning, implementation & co-ordination of Sports & Recreational programmes & management of all recreation facilities at the Youth Centre in order to provide clean and safe opportunities for sport and recreation and promote a healthy lifestyle for all participating young people.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Relevant Sport & Recreational Management qualification
- 3 years’ experience in co-ordinating sports, drama & music programmes for young people
- Lateral creative thinking & detail orientated
- Supervisory, decision making and analytical skills
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities & challenges
- Passion to work with youth and provide a youth friendly environment
- Reliability, dependability and a well-developed work ethic
- Valid driver’s license & PDP
- Develop, plan and implement age & gender specific sports, drama & music programmes at the Youth Centre
- Co-ordinate Partner facilitators & volunteers to run relevant sports & recreation programmes
- Find and foster relationships with new local partners, facilitators and volunteers
- Manage maintenance of sports & recreation facilities and equipment
- Co-ordinate sporting competitions and recreational field trips
- Promote sport & recreation programmes in the local communities
- Co-ordinate programmes with Education Co-ordinator & Medical Research Co-ordinator
- Maintain discipline and safe healthy practice by participants
- Perform other duties as assigned
If you meet the criteria as set out above and are interested in the position please send a covering letter and concise CV (no certificates) which includes contact details of 2 referees to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax 021 633 0182 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for). You can also drop them off at the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation youth centre in Guinea Fowl Road opposite Masiphumelele High school by 20 January 2012.
NB: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.